April 13, 2016 In News
End to end process of printing a cotton / canvas shopping bag and a 15% discount code.
Have you ever wondered how our cotton bags are printed?
With this blog, we detail the end to end process, showcasing just what goes into creating one of our printed cotton bag masterpieces!
1. Design proof (Outlines)
2. Design proof (layers)
3. Design proof (layers)
4. Design proof (layout)
5. Job sheet ready to print
6. Film negatives are printed off
7. Films are visually checked for any defects and that they line up
8. Exposure unit is cleaned to ensure no debris is on the glass
9 + 10. Films are positioned onto the screen
11. Screens with films attached are put into exposure unit
12. Burnt screens have water applied to them to remove unburnt emulsion
13. Water reveals the unburnt image which will allow us to pass ink through the screen
14. After exposing the screen and blasting out the unburnt emulsion we place the screen into an oven at 35-40 degrees C to dry off the water
15. Design proof and any inks are prepared and laid out
16. After screens are dried, we tape up around the image to ease the cleaning process and also stop ink passing through any small potential leaks (small holes) on the screen
17. Benches are cleaned to remove any excess ink that passed through the bag on previous jobs. This keeps the inside of the bags clean with no imprint from any other jobs
18 + 19 + 20. Lining up process
21. Test print time! Loading a bag onto the machine
22. Putting the ink onto the screen
23 +24 + 25. Screens are lined up onto the machine and test printed
26. The first layer of ink on our test print has come out perfect – now for the second layer of ink.
27+28. The second layer of ink on our test print has come out perfect – now to tape up the guidelines and print the final product
29. Looking good. Finished product – now we just need to cure the ink
30+31+32. Bags are passed through the dryer at around 165-170 degrees C to ensure the ink is fully cured. Bags are then cooled and packed according to the clients specifications and sent out!
Like what you see?
Of course you do…
Take advantage of 15% off a cotton shopping bag job until 16th May with the code “APE -15” (single use only)